This year Marc turned 30. Over the years, we’ve celebrated him with:
a homemade chocolate cake at 21 years of age…
champagne and presents at year 22…
more chocolate cake when he turned 24…
he hits a milestone, 25 years old…
and when he turned 27, oh look, more cake!
It’s been fun celebrating 12 years of birthdays together and this year while the chocolate cake, champagne, and presents were still in order, we were lucky enough to add a trip to Barcelona to the mix. It was a great Barcelona birthday, complete with the comforts of home at Marc’s grandparent’s house, drinks with old friends, and dinner and a stop at our favorite waffle spot in the Gothic District. 🙂
Feliz cumpleaños, Marc!
And since Spain is on my mind, my niece’s interpretation of speaking Spanish has been a real inspiration in my current pursuit of learning the language. Tio Marc is so proud. 🙂
Gnocchi with Chanterelle Mushrooms & White Wine & Garlic-Cashew Cream Sauce – I made this omitting the white wine, simply because I didn’t have any (buying wine in Morocco is not exactly cheap nor readily available!). Was delicious even so!
Marc’s 30th birthday cake was accompanied with vegan ice cream sundaes this year!
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 7-Minute Vegan Chocolate Syrup
- Almond Meal Cookies with Chocolate Chips & Coconut
And here’s some new recipes that made it to our 2016 Thanksgiving table:
- Creamy Chanterelle Mushroom Soup
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy – Since we had mushrooms in our soup, I left it out of the gravy in this recipe. And I loved adding cauliflower for a healthier twist on typical Thanksgiving mashed potatoes.